10th Specific Women Triathlon Training Camp in Lanzarote, Spain
The camp is a great way to get in your early season miles while training under the Spanish sun. Sione Jongstra , 2 times Ironman Worldchampion (40-44), will be holding a training camp in Lanzarote, Spain (also known for one of the toughest Ironman races in the world) from Saturday February 29th until Saturday March 7th 2020.
To celebrate the 10th edition of the women only trainingcamp there are additional activities. There will be a workshop with bike related topics and on the last evening we will be instructed by a Spanish cook to make our own Paella. Ofcourse, which we can enjoy ourselves afterwards.
Sione will provide a suggested training plan for the week. It is a primarily a group camp; however, there will be some flexibility to incorporate your own training schedule if necessary. You will find the schedule below. The training camp will be finished with a little competitive fun race in which all 3 triathlon disciplines will be done separately.
|Dag 1||Travel and arrival||Swimming|
|Dag 2||Bike set-up and ride |
(1,5 – 2 hrs)
|Dag 3||Core stability & bike ride |
|Swimming in the |
|Dag 4||Rest day||Workshop bike|
|Dag 5||Swimming 1-1,5 hrs||Brick training |
|Dag 6||Long ride with lunch stop|
|Dag 7||Fun race||Paella workshop|
*The above schedule can be altered due to circumstances eg. weather.
You will be staying in Costa Teguise (South of the Island) in apartments. Shops, restaurants, a supermarket and the beach are all within walking distance from the apartments.
The price for this week is 669 euros for the 8 days. This is based on sharing a two-person apartment. One-person apartments will be an additional 175 euros for the 8 days. If inidividuals request to be in a shared apartment a roommate will be assigned if available.
Included in the price:
- 2-person apartment: Includes kitchen with refrigerator, bathroom, TV, air conditioning, and telephone.
- 7 nights stay (breakfast and dinner buffet included)
- Training units as mentioned in the program including pool entry
- Workshop by bike mechanic
- Paella workshop
- A pair of Lanzarote Trainingcamp Siosport cyclegloves
- Use of outdoor leisure pool
- Transportation to and from the airport in Lanzarote
- Flight to Lanzarote to the hotel
- Lunch and other snacks during the day
- Travel and cancellation insurance
- Bike (you can bring your own or rent a carbon roadbike for the special Siosport price of 119 euros for 6 days). Time trial bikes also possible ask for prices.
- Transportation of your personal bike- 25 Euro round-trip for bike transportation to and from the airport.
- Any additional costs for paying by bank transfer or Paypal.
Register by requesting an entry form at firstname.lastname@example.org . The week will take place at a minimum of 10 participants.
The organisor (Siosport/Sione) is not a travel agent and only leads on location. Participation is at your own risk. You can not sue Siosport for anything. The participant needs to arrange his/her own travel and travel insurance. By registering for this week the participant has been made aware of all Siosport policies and agrees to them, these can be found on the website (www.siosport.nl).
Although the documentation has been set up with most carefulness, Siosport does not accept any responsibility for mistakes, inaccuracies or printer’s errors.
Below you will find an overview of the camp of 2019 https://www.facebook.com/siosport/videos/2393382227597393/